Here is a quick rundown of the past few hours:
- 6:10 PM Morgan called me at work and said she was at the grocery store and she thought she was beginning labor
- 6:30 PM Morgan gets home
- 6:40 PM I arrive home and find that Morgan is timing the contractions and they are about 5 minutes apart. Some of them hurt and some do not. She says we aren’t supposed to call the doctor until they have been 5 minutes apart for an hour straight.
- 6:45 PM I was planning on paying the bills tonight and if I don’t then we will be past due and so I say that if we are going to end up at the hospital that I will need to pay the bills while we continue to time the contractions. I pay the bills while Morgan lays on the bed and times contractions.
- 7:25 PM I finished paying the bills and Morgan went to the bathroom. When she came out of the bathroom she ran straight back into the bathroom. She emerged from the bathroom a second time and then went straight back into the bathroom. She announced through the door that she thought her water had broken because she couldn’t stop the flow.
- 7:30 PM Morgan calls the doctor as I begin to pack the bags and check things off the “go list”.
- 7:45 PM We depart for the hospital at the doctors direction. My car was almost out of gas so we stopped and got 4 gallons of gas. Of course the first pump we pulled up to didn’t work. Then we stopped at Chick-fil-a because neither of us had eaten and we split a combo meal as we drove to the hospital.
- 8:20 PM We checked in at registration.
- 8:50 PM They take us into the triage area.
- 9:05 PM The nurse takes all of Morgan’s vitals and verifies that her water DID break. She also checks to see how dialated she is. The nurse reports that she is not very far along but since her water broke that she will be admitted.
- 9:20 PM The nurse comes back in after talking with our doctor and says that we will be getting moved to a LDR (Labor and delivery room) soon and that the doctor will check on us soon. We called the grandparents-to-be and told them to get in the car and head to Hotlanta.
- 10:15 PM The doctor sees us and tells us we are going to move rooms soon and that she is going to see how things progress but she suggests that after we move rooms that she administer some medicine to help things.
- 11:05 PM We signed all of the admittance forms.
- 11:20 PM We moved into the LDR (which has FREE WIFI)!!!!!
- 12:00 AM Nurse Ebony checks on us.
Throughout all of this Morgan has had pretty regular contractions about 4 minutes apart however she is not very dialated so they will be making a decision soon about whether to give her some medicine to help this along. I will update as I get chances.
-Soon to be DAD
PS: For those of you expecting to see a live web feed of the delivery, unfortunately there is this big sign posted in the room: